- 1730’s School master Daniel Le Prevost cajoled local landowners to sell land at a greatly reduced price in order to build a school for the Parish. Funds were being raised for the new school.
- 1736 The school bell was cast and is in use today in the centre after being carefully restored.
- 1738 Land was transferred from parishioners to the Parish and a school was built.
- 1861 Various landowners and parishioners raised the money required to rebuild the school into part of the building we see today and provide the teaching staff.
- 1895 The Island Education Authority took over responsibility for education at the school, but the school remained in Parish ownership.
1934 island school sports champions St Saviours school
1936 island school sports champions St Saviours school
1937 St Saviours school Mr Vinning headmaster
1939 school sports
- 1940/1945 The school was occupied by German forces.
- 1946 The primary school was re-opened again.
- 1967 The parishioners of St Saviour’s financed the building of a swimming pool complex at the school.
- 1976 Primary education was transferred from St Saviour’s and St Peter’s to the new school at La Houguette.
- 1978 The St Saviour’s Primary School premises re-opened as a special needs school and re-named Mont Varouf School.
1940-1941 school football champions evacuees from St Saviours
1974 prior to move to La Houguette
Captain Awful St Saviours panto
St Saviours school Christmas panto late 60s
Tree planting St Saviours school 1965
- 1990 Facilities at the school were extended via the addition of a new hall.
- 2005 Special needs education was transferred from Mont Varouf to new facilities at Le Rondin in the Forest Parish and Mont Varouf was declared surplus to requirements.
- 2007 September. The Douzaine called a Parish meeting to discuss the future of the premises. The Douzaine's recommendation to sell the premises was voted through by attendant ratepayers/electors.
- 2008 April. A Parish Meeting was held in St Saviour’s Church during which the Douzaine outlined the status with the programme to sell the school. Many parishioners expressed support for the school to be retained, and the Douzaine gave a commitment to hold a public meeting prior to a final decision being made.
- 2008 May. The Douzaine submitted two outline development proposals to the Environment Department as follows: o Proposal 1. Build 3 new houses and re-develop the original school building as 2 housing units. o Proposal 2. Build 3 new houses and retain the original school building as a community centre.
- 2008 November. The above proposals were rejected by the Environment Department
- 2010 September. Parish voted 196 to 8 in favour of a community centre in the Parish
- 2011 December. States voted to cede their share in the school to the Parish for the sum of £1.
- 2012 February. Environment Department give permission for a community centre at Mont Varouf.
- 2012 April. Work commences on new community centre.
- 2012 September. Phase 1 building work completed and Day Nursery opens.
- 2013 October. Phase 2 Community Centre building work commences.
- 2012 October. On completion of conveyance of premises to Parish, Lease with St Saviour’s Community Centre LBG will be signed.
- 2013 January. Agreement to Lease between Constables and LBG signed.
- 2013 July. Health and Safety regulations complied with and lettings commence.
- 2013 December. LBG has a profitable first year of trading.
- 2014 June. Approximately £400,000 raised to date for the renovation project.
- 2014 July. Parishioners and Ratepayers of St Saviours vote 145 versus 52 to sell their present Douzaine Room and Constables Office and invest 20% of the proceeds in to Parish reserves and the remainder in to building a Douzaine Room and Constables Office at their Centre and thereafter to use the remainder to complete Phase 2 of the community centre renovation.